Wednesday, September 10, 2008

PIGS, PITBULLS, and LIPSTICK!

Can you actually believe that this is what our National Political debate has disintegrated to?

Just in case you missed it....Remember Sarah Palins comment about the difference between pitbulls and hockey-moms...."wearing lipstick"....

Well Obama made a comment yesterday using the well used phase about "you can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig", and the McCain camp put out an add this morning accusing Obama of being sexist....because he was comparing Palin to a pig!

How crazy and yet how very poignant......realizing that this whole verbal hockey match was as Obama called it "catnip for the Media"...and the very reason so many of us are sick of the game playing and name calling instead of really addressing the very serious issues at stake in this election.
Obama was spot-on with this one...and undoubtably someone must have suggested it to him, being that McCain used the very same pig/lipstick remark to comment on Hillary's healthcare program just a few months ago.

But alas...this is not what this blog is about...just the opposite!

I am encouraging all who really want to see a "sea-change" in this country to do something that is quite a challenge;
TURN THE MEDIA OFF...or at least come to it "armed" with the truth that is in each of our hearts, our minds clear of the cacophony of people telling you what someone else thinks or what to believe, how to act, how to think or more importantly how to vote!

I believe and have seen evidence in my life that "my thoughts do indeed create my reality":
I have always been an NPR fan.....still am to some extent; but noticed a subtle undercurrent in their coverage of the DNC, and later the RNC and the coverage of the campaigns since the RNC;
ie. almost always starting a story with what is happening with McCain and Palin, and usually following up with a clip about Obama.....but not always.

Politics is perception.....so even a subtle suggestion that Obama is now 2nd (in the polls), in our story etc. has an effect.....I know it did with me.

That just solidified my viewpoint that one of the best stategies to getting Obama elected is to SEE HIM THAT WAY and quit letting the media dictate where our attention is focused.

Last night I went to bed with the intent to dream about his inauguration speech.....possibly me even going to Washington to see it; Honestly I can't tell you that I did have this dream (or I don't remember it)
But that certainly is better and more effective than going to bed "worrying" about the perception that the media is or is not portraying.

KEEP THE FAITH AND KEEP YOUR THOUGHTS AND ATTENTION FOCUSED ON THE GOAL...President Barack Obama!

2 comments:

melia said...

Pam,
I'm excited about your blog. What I want to focus on is that I believe people are more intelligent than the politians think we are. I haven't really heard any meat and potatoes talk from any of the candidates, including Obama. I'm hoping that when the debates start that we will hear talk with real substance. I would like to see Obama step out on a limb and talk directly to the people instead of buying into the back and forth bantering. Keep the faith!! Go Obama!!

Pamela Weng said...

Hey Melia.....thanks for the comment! Just wondering what you are hoping he would say "out on that limb"?